Sunday, August 15, 2010

Whistling Straits Rd 3

It was a long day out at the Straits. In my return back I made one birdie and 8 pars to make the cut at even par. Tons of things going on after that. Reporters and interviews to name a few. I was the only club professional to make the cut. A true accomplishment but I wanted more. I had my sights set on a top 15 finish!

I was paired in the afternoon with Rickie Fowler and Martin Laird. Both of whom I have respect for. I made 3 birdies on the front nine holes to get it to 3 under and that much closer to obtaining my goal. I was standing on the 18 hole (the 9th hole on the course) at 2 under and took an unfortunate 8 to shoot 74. Ouch!

I am paired today with Retif Goosen (a 2 time US Open champion) at 8:26am central time. Look for a low one today.  As the low club professional I will be standing on the podium with the eventual winner of the PGA Championship (unless I go out there and shoot 62 myself).

What a week so far! I am looking forward to todays round and getting back into red numbers!! Thanks for all of the texts, facebook notes and emails through out the week! I am trying to keep up with them! It means the world to me! Look for lots of birdies today!!!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment