Saturday, August 28, 2010

Metropolitan Open Final

It was a gorgeous day in Farmingdale, New York at the famed Bethpage Black Golf Course. My score was unfortunately as high as the temperature. I shot 76 and finished in a tie for 20th. It was good enough to earn an exemption into the tournament for next year but not how I wanted to end the 2010 Metropolitan Open.

Bob Rittberger of the Garden City Golf Club ended up as the champion just edging out Danny Balin of the  Burning Tree Country Club at even par for the tournament. Danny kept up his solid play this year. He was the other club professional in Metropolitan Section (me being the other) to earn a trip to this years PGA Championship. Congrats to Bob on a great tourney!!

I have our Metropolitan PGA Section Championship coming up at the Piping Rock Club next month. This will be another great tournament to get me ready for the second stage of PGA Tour qualifying starting in the third week of November.

Things are still really crazy from my finish at the PGA Championship and I am loving every minute of it. Remember........fairways and greens and I will be chatting again soon.

Rob

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at piping rock. Play well and the schlep to Atlanta athletic club will be easier than cheeseland (though not as beautiful). Very best n

    ReplyDelete