Friday, August 6, 2010

Whistling Straits Practice Round

So Danny Balin (another friend who qualified for the PGA Championship) and I went to Whistling Straits on Monday to get a feel for the golf course before the crowds get to massive. What an unbelieveable place! The feeling that I got when I walked on the course was just fantastic. My 3rd major championship.......holy crap!

It was quite intimidating off the tee box as you cannot see many of the fairways but when you get out into the fairway, the space is very ample. The cool thing was that the course suited my eye very well and I felt extermely comfortable out there.

We shared the course that day with Paul Casey, Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh and Hunter Mahan. Paul Casey and I played together at Hazeltine National Golf Club in 2002 at the PGA Championship. It was the first major championship for both of us.

I will head out to Whistling Straits on Sunday to start my week and I am looking forward to playing well and enjoying every second. I will be doing a special column for the New York Post starting on Wednesday so be sure to check it out. I will be talking about the entire experience from the Mercedes courtesy car to the golf course and fellow competitors.

Talk soon and stay tuned for some cool stuff the next couple of weeks. Until then...fairways and greens!!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment