Tuesday, May 15, 2012

US Open local qualifying

It was one of the rainiest days that I have ever played in, well at least top five. The Country Club of Darien was in phenomenal shape and played really tough! Only Frank Bensel broke par at 1 under 70. I shot even par 70 with a birdie on the last hole in the driving rain. What a relief! One hundred golfers teed off and 6 qualified for the sectional tournament which leads to a trip to the Olympic Club in June to play in the US Open Championship!

The next stage for me is at Canoe Brook Country Club in New Jersey on June 4th. This round is also 36 holes instead of 18. I am hoping to qualify for my first United States Open Golf Championship. I have missed by a shot a few times for a few close calls but never made it to the event. I sure want 2012 to be different.

Next up is the Metropolitan PGA Head Professional Championship at Waccabuc Counry Club in Waccabuc, NY on May 29th and 30th. Congrats to all the other qualifiers today. You can see the results at www.csgalinks.org. Until next time.....fairways and greens!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment