Thursday, May 31, 2012

Polo Metropolitan PGA Head Professional Championship

It was an exciting finish and my heart was pounding but I was able to take the title home with a one stroke edge over Mark Brown of Tam O'Shanter Country Club with a final round of 70. My two day total was three under par 137 at Waccabuc Country Club in Waccabuc, NY. Cory Muller had the lead in the event until a triple bogey 7 on the 16th hole where I was able to make birdie for a four-shot swing. I would like to thank Polo for their sponsorship, the MET PGA for running such great events, Waccabuc Country Club for hosting, Titleist for their supreme equipment and my caddy Todd for a great job on the links. Also to GlenArbor Golf Club, my home away from home. And as always my finace Kerry and son Matthias for all of their love and support! You can see the complete results at www.met.pga.com.

Next up is the sectional US Open qualifying at Canoe Brook Country Club in Summit, New Jersey on Monday June 4th. There are approximately 80 guys for 4 spots to play the US Open at the Olympic Club in June. We will all play 36 holes in one day for the right to earn the birth in the Open.

I will play a practice round today at Canoe Brook. You can follow the US Open qualifying at www.mgagolf.org. Until then..........fairways and greens!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment