Saturday, November 13, 2010

Q-School Second Stage

Hey Everyone - I know it has been a long time and thank you for all of your emails asking about updates. Here we go..... I just played my first practice round at Redstone Golf Club in Humble, Texas (about 30 minutes outside of Houston) and what a golf course! This baby is LONG! I am not a short hitter by any means and between the cold weather and sea level topography, this golf course is longer than Bethpage Black. They have had a fair amount of rain here as well so that adds to the overall distance. Redstone measures 7500 yards.

It is a very fair golf course and the greens roll beautifully. I have two more practice rounds scheduled for Sunday and Monday. The tournament starts on Tuesday and is a 72 hole event with the top 18-20 guys making their way to the finals at Orange County National Golf Club in Orlando, Florida. The top 25 guys in the finals will earn their PGA Tour playing privileges for the 2011 season.

I will be shooting updates throughout the week and you can follow the action on www.pgatour.com. Go to q-school at the top of the page. You can figure the rest out from there. Think birdie for me starting on Tuesday and keep the mojo flowing through Friday. I am playing well and am totally looking forward to the competition. Keep your eyes posted and thanks for the support. Talk to all of you soon.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment