Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Q-School Second Stage Rd 1

Its funny how you can love the game so much and yet it just keeps punching you in the gut. Thats what it felt like today. I came out of the box and bogeyed 5 of my first 6 holes in the wind on greens that were faster than the final round of the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits. I then hit every green in regulation from #7 thru #18 and could not convert a birdie putt. I hit some good putts too. The score was 77. Good enough for middle of the pack.

In my years as a professional golfer I have learned one thing........patience. There are still 54 holes left to make plenty of birdies. I tee off at 8:50 am c.m.t. on Wednesday. The wind will still be blowing except this time it will be from the opposite direction. Lots of golf left. I need more birdie power from all of you. I'll keep you posted. Until tomorrow........

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment